- Registered body with the Registrar of Societies, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, INDIA (Registration No. 875/1989-90) engaged in promotion and welfare of poultry in the country, striving towards the betterment of poultry profession through making the activity socially more attractive, environment friendly and economically viable.
- Comprises of Poultry Science Research/ Education and Training institutions, public & private organizations, commercial business houses associated with poultry and allied sectors such as egg/meat processors, feed millers, compound feed manufacturers, health care products and pharmaceuticals manufacturers, poultry equipment manufacturer, hatchers etc. and those engaged in mass poultry production, individuals engaged in small-scale poultry keeping, scientists, professionals, researchers, students etc.
- Present membership – over 950
Objectives of IPSA
- Advancement of knowledge in Poultry Science
- Promotion of poultry development activities in the country,
- Publication of a scientific journal,
- Coordination of the activities of poultry research workers through technical meetings/discussions on important topics and presentation of research work in all branches of poultry science, and
- Encouragement of teaching, scientific research, practical experimentation, the collection and publication of statistics, the study of the economics of poultry business and study into the problems of production and marketing.